Introduction to 10 Steps for Database and VBA Developers
The SaveToDB add-in allows creating database client applications using Microsoft Excel.
Moreover, application features are being configured in a database and extended using SQL.
So, using the add-in is the best choice to create client applications for database developers.
As a VBA developer, you can create applications using the SaveToDB add-in features or just use it as a library.
You get the fast and reliable platform that solves typical deployment and data layer tasks from-the-box.
Here are the basic steps to create a complete client application using Microsoft Excel:
- Connect to tables, views, and stored procedures
- Configure validation lists
- Configure ribbon parameters
- Translate field, parameter, and object names
- Configure formats, formulas, and table views
- Configure saving changes
- Add cursors and form fields
- Create master-detail forms
- Configure detail windows and task panes
- Configure context and action menus
This book shows how to make these steps using the add-in wizards, SQL codes, and VBA macros.
We start with a new Excel workbook and finish with a ready-to-use application.
You have to download and install the SaveToDB add-in, version 7.2 or higher, at www.savetodb.com.
All features described in this book are available in the free SaveToDB Express edition.
You can download workbooks, SQL and VBA codes, used in this book, at
This book contains an example database for Microsoft SQL Server.
You can also use Oracle Database, IBM DB2, MySQL, PostgreSQL, and others. The steps remain the same.
March 20, 2017