Introduction to 11 Steps for Advanced Users
Microsoft Excel is an amazing product.
It brings freedom to business users as allows getting data from anywhere and consume the data in any way.
If you like Microsoft Excel, you definitely have to try the SaveToDB add-in for Microsoft Excel.
The add-in allows database and VBA professionals to create complex corporate applications using Excel.
Moreover, the add-in allows business users to create Excel applications with no SQL or VBA use.
In this book, we will create an application and learn 11 steps that you can repeat for your applications:
- Publish tables to a database
- Configure query parameters
- Configure formats and table views
- Configure validation lists
- Add cursors and form fields
- Configure detail tables, windows, and task panes
- Configure context and action menus
- Add image URLs
- Configure LastModified and UserName fields
- Integrate with other applications
- Manage permissions
You have to download and install the SaveToDB add-in at www.savetodb.com, version 7.2 or higher.
All features described in this book are available in the free SaveToDB Express edition.
You can download the initial workbook, the final application, and required SQL codes at
This book contains an example database for Microsoft SQL Server.
You can also use Oracle Database, IBM DB2, MySQL, and other supported databases. The steps remain the same.
March 20, 2017