Introduction to Change Tracking Framework
The change tracking framework provides features that track DML changes (insert, update, and delete operations) in a database.
- Create and drop change tracking triggers.
- Create and drop procedures to select changes.
- Restore changed records.
You can execute the operations in SSMS, your application, or in Microsoft Excel using the SaveToDB add-in.
Moreover, you can easily extend Excel context menu to track changes in Excel.
The framework includes the following blocks:
- Database tables, views, and procedures to store and manage changes;
- Configuration objects to manage change tracking in Microsoft Excel for administrators;
- Configuration objects to track and restore changes in Microsoft Excel for end users.
You can download and install the framework in a couple of minutes.
The framework uses features of the SaveToDB Express add-in for Microsoft Excel. So, you can use it for free.
Microsoft SQL Server includes built-in features to track changes. You can read the following article, for example:
Track Data Changes (SQL Server)
We have created the change tracking framework for SQL Server to get the following features:
- To see historical data in Microsoft SQL Express (not supported by the Change Data Capture feature).
- To easily integrate and use the solution in Microsoft Excel (not supported by SQL Server).
- To allow business users to manage change tracking features and rollback changes using Microsoft Excel.
We get a reliable and high-performance solution that you can use for free.
Try the framework. You can save a lot of time and make your users happier.
November 8, 2017