Gartle Time Tracker Application Options
The Options dialog box allows managing Gartle Time Tracker application options and connections.
- Minimum activity interval to track titles
- This option defines a minimum interval to record a new activity.
Keep it quite high to eliminate non-important activities like closing browser tabs.
However, you can set it temporary quite low to learn your activity as is.
The recommended value is 3-5 seconds.
- Minimum inactivity interval to track breaks
- This option defines a minimum inactivity interval to close the current activity and record a break.
Keep it quite high to record the current activity without breaks.
However, set it low enough to record breaks for a cup of tea or coffee.
The recommended value is 3-5 minutes.
- Maximum inactivity interval to track breaks
- This option defines a maximum inactivity interval to count the interval as a break.
If the interval is longer, the tracker eliminates the break record and inserts the work finish record.
Keep it quite high to breaks as breaks.
However, keep it low enough to eliminate very long breaks in your reports.
The recommended value is 45-60 minutes.
- Local Database
- This text box contains the path to the local SQLite database.
You can change the default database location.
- Central Database
- This text box shows the current central server and database.
Use the Connect button to check and change the connection.
- Primary Database
- This group defines the primary database to store tracking data.
You can choose either a local database or either the central database.
- Data To Sync
- This group defines the local data to synchronize with a central database.
You can disable synchronization, synchronize all primary data, or synchronize only the aggregated data.
See details in the Synhronizing Data topic.
- Synchronization Interval
- This option defines the synchronization interval.
You can activate or deactivate automatic synchronization.
In the last case, you can synchronize data manually using the Synchronize button in the tray menu.