Change Tracking Framework
Introduction to Change Traking Framework
Change Tracking Framework allows tracking and reverting data changes in Microsoft SQL Server databases.
Key principles of the framework:
- Adding tracking features without modifying the underlying tables;
- Managing tracking features in Microsoft Excel;
- Checking and reverting data changes in Microsoft Excel;
- Working in free Microsoft SQL Server Express.
The core concept is simple:
- Adding triggers on INSERT, UPDATE, and DELETE operations to captured tables;
- Storing changes in XML format in the single logs.change_logs table;
- Creating a procedure to select changes for every captured table;
- Generating the required configuration for the SaveToDB add-in to implement the required features.
Here is an example of the context menu for administrators:
Here is an example of the context menu for end-users:
You may read more in the e-book Change Tracking Framework for SQL Server.
This is a technical paper for developers.
You may install, update, and remove Change Tracking Framework using SaveToDB Application Installer wizard.
You may generate a workbook to edit configure tracking using the SaveToDB Application Workbooks wizard.
Feel free to contact us.