Database Help Framework History
Version 3.2, January 9, 2023
Version 3.1, December 13, 2022
The framework is licensed under the MIT license.
Version 3.0, July 5, 2022
- The framework supports SaveToDB 10.0, DBEdit 2.0, DBGate 2.0, ODataDB 4.0.
- The framework supports Chinese Simplified and Chinese Traditional.
- The doc.xl_actions_database_documentation supports more sections and allows specifying names to include and exclude.
Version 2.2, June 23, 2020
- The application allows documenting triggers.
- The new exclude_columns property allows excluding specified columns.
For example, you may exclude generic columns like created_by and created_on.
- The doc.handlers.HANDLER_CODE validation list includes new types introduced in SaveToDB 9.8.
Version 2.1, January 17, 2020
The copyright changed to Gartle LLC, former Gartle Technology Corporation.
Version 2.0, October 17, 2019
You may use a free version of SaveToDB (9.4+) or DBEdit (1.2+) to edit the documentation.
- The SaveToDB add-in and DBEdit apply regular expressions to the generated documentation.
You may customize the rules in the doc.handlers table.
- The framework includes batch samples to generate single-page and multiple-page documentations.
The batch files used embedded DBSetup.exe and grx.exe tools instead of sqlcmd.exe and powershell.exe.
So, you may generate the documentation from-the-box.
- The download package includes a new installer based on a dbsetup.exe command-line tool.
- You may use the doc.view_index view as an index worksheet with SaveToDB and DBEdit.
- The framework does not include help for SaveToDB Frameworks but uses online hyperlinks.
So, you have a clear database for your projects.
- The download package includes sample Microsoft Excel and DBEdit workbooks.
Version 1.1, February 5, 2019
- Database Help Framework is included in SaveToDB SDK.
- Database Help Framework installer is integrated into SaveToDB Application Installer 9.0.
Version 1.0, September 10, 2018
The first release