The Actions menu contains the items that are configured as event handlers with the Actions event type.
The menu can be used to execute different tasks. For example:
- Executing database procedures to update data in a batch mode;
- Executing macros;
- Executing Windows Shell or CMD commands to load, update, or verify text data files;
- Opening related websites and online documentation;
- Adding, changing, or deleting items of database directories;
- Executing drill-down queries;
- Printing documents in HTML formats;
- Generating document numbers;
- Resetting query parameters and clearing form data.
Technically, the menu allows:
- Executing stored procedures and SQL codes;
- Executing macros, and Windows Shell and CMD commands;
- Executing HTTP and text file queries;
- Selecting data from database tables and views.
The menu adapts to the active table query.
If there is one table on a worksheet, the table is used by default. This behavior differs from the Context menu behavior.
If a menu item query has parameters, the Query Parameters dialog box is shown, by default, to allow users to change parameters and to confirm the action.