- Connection Wizard
- The Connection Wizard allows connecting to database objects (table, views, and stored procedures), to web data sources (web pages and web services including OData), or to text files.
After the connection, the query list can be used to change the active database or OData object. So, one sheet can be used to work with multiple databases or OData objects.
- Pivot Table Connection Wizard
- The Pivot Table Connection Wizard allows creating pivot tables connected to database objects (table, views, and stored procedures), to web data sources (web pages and web services including OData), or to text files.
The connection process is the same as for Connection Wizard.
If an underlying database object allows saving changes, you may insert a connected Excel table and insert a pivot table based on the connected table.
In this case, you may use pivot table as an editor for the underlying table.
See details in Working with Pivot Tables.
- Publish Wizard
- The Publish Wizard allows creating a database table, exporting the Excel table data, and inserting a new Excel table connected to the created database table.
After publishing data, the regular functionality reload-edit-save can be used.
Other users can connect to the published table too. This is the fastest way to get the real multi-user work with data in Microsoft Excel.
After the publishing, the Table Format Wizard can be used to save table formats and formulas in a database to use by other users.
The Publish Wizard works with Excel tables early named "Lists". To create an Excel table, select a region and click the Insert, Table menu item.
- Data Merge Wizard
- The Data Merge Wizard allows merging data loaded from any data source into a database table.
New rows are inserted, and existing rows are updated during the merging. Only common Excel and database table columns are used.
Excel formula columns can be used to calculate data to save to a database.
- Change Connection Wizard
- The Change Connection Wizard allows changing connection data (server, database, login, and password) for a group of tables.
- Application Installer
- The Application Installer allows developers to install, check, or uninstall SaveToDB Framework on all supported platforms.
SaveToDB Framework allows customizing SaveToDB features on the server-side.
Database administrator permission is required to perform wizard operations.
- Application Workbooks
- The Application Workbooks wizard allows developers to generate a workbook used to customize SaveToDB features on the server-side.
The generated workbook contains SaveToDB Framework configuration tables. Just edit and save the configuration data.
In facts, Excel application customization can be made in Microsoft Excel. It is useful as the results can be viewed in Excel immediately.
- Table Format Wizard
- The Table Format Wizard allows saving, loading, and clearing Excel table formats of database objects in a database.
When the format is saved in a database, other users can load the same format including regular formats, conditional formatting, formulas, etc.
- Window Wizard
- The Window Wizard allows adding and arranging related windows.
You may easily implement master-detail interfaces in Excel 2007 and Excel 2010.
However, this feature is not applicable for Excel 2013 and Excel 2016.
See Working with Windows.
- Form Wizard
- The Form Wizard allows creating cursors and form fields.
You may easily create edit forms and master-detail interfaces.
- Pivot Wizard
- The Pivot Wizard contains useful commands for working with pivot tables.
See complete wizard descriptions in the Articles chapter: