This guide shows how to configure the SaveToDB add-in, DBEdit, DBGate, and ODataDB.
All the products allow getting data from databases and saving changes back to tables and views by default.
All the products use the same server-side configuration that allows configuring product features like
- saving changes using stored procedures or custom SQL commands,
- saving or preventing changes using cell change handlers,
- getting value lists for cells and parameters,
- executing context drill-down queries,
- translating column names, parameters, and data,
- and much more.
Once configuring an application, you can use Microsoft Excel, Windows app, or a browser as a database client.
The SaveToDB add-in supports OData and REST API everywhere like other database objects.
You can configure the add-in to get a full-featured REST API application with Microsoft Excel.
Moreover, you can connect with SaveToDB to databases directly or using ODataDB or DBGate as a proxy.
Read these topics to start: